Hi. I'm Peter Kaalund, a danish man living in Oslo, Norway. I am a designer who loves technology. I am a designer because I want to solve problems. I want people to be less frustrated when they use technology. I want to make their lives easier.
Design without strategy is just pretty pictures - at best. For the past 4 years i have been working with the Why and How of digital design - Developing services and websites that communicate clearly, looks great, and is relevant to peoples needs.
My background is that of the curious geek, always learning and taking things apart for analysis. I used to program C#.Net and while programming is no longer something i actively pursue, I still dabble in Swift, and past experience allows me to discuss solutions with developers in their language.
These days my focus is on tending to user needs and expectations, and understanding user behavior, while also exploring animation as means to ease understanding, create visual delight or enhance interactions.
Just because nobody complains, doesn’t mean all parachutes are perfect.
- Redesigned the digital services of Norway´s leading provider of medicines to nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities and home care services. Allowing nurses to spend less time resupplying and more time with patients.
- Designed interactive prototypes and micro-interactions to serve as proof of concept to stake-holders, as well as enriching user-testing and serve as documentation for developers.
Schjærven Reklamebyrå – Interaction and UI Designer
2014 – 2016
- Conducted usability reviews and conversion rate optimization audits for Krogh Optikk. Together with creative marketers and an illustrator, we implemented a new content marketing strategy and UI and navigation changes leading to 8% decrease in bounce rate and 89% increase in eye examination appointments.
- Designed 2 successful campaign-games for Norwegian Reward. Using gamification principles we encouraged users to return daily for new quizzes and puzzles during the campaign period, spending over 15 years engaged with the brand and generating nearly 400.000 visits to our sponsors.
- Conducted usability review, optimized and redesigned Latter, Oslo´s leading comedy scene. Focusing more on all of the shows Latter has on offer and simplifying the checkout process, we increased tickets sold via the website with 462%, instead of people going directly to Ticketmaster.
Supercool – Digital Design Intern
2013 – 2014
Visuelstorm – Graphic designer / front-end developer
2009 – 2010
- Created and maintained websites in Wordpress and TYPO3 for local businesses